There is a brand new exciting role for a Senior High Performance Computing Engineer to join a global geoscience technology leader.
Using a unique combination of pioneering proprietary software, visualization applications and high performance computing capabilities; their scientific teams collaborate with customers through the analysis, enhancement and creative problems solving of complex data. They are in the pursuit of providing a deeper understanding of the Earth’s subsurface structures for exploration, production and optimization of oil and gas reservoirs.
Senior HPC Responsibilities:
– Play an active role in provisioning, developing, installation and configuration, operation and maintenance of specialist computing infrastructure
– Provide technical support to junior members
– Design HPC architectures (computer or storage components) in collaboration with the IT Operations and SI sourcing team
– Be a high level expert who can deal with various HPC issues
– Perform benchmarks to select suitable vendors and products
– Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst our STC operations teams.
– Ensure optimal deployment of production solutions.
– Collaborate with our compute and storage vendors.
Senior HPC Engineer Requirements:
– Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines; Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects
– A strong scientific background and capabilities of developing a good understanding of seismic processing business
– Extensive expertise in HPC compute and storage, in both hardware (CPUs, accelerators, interconnects, storage, etc.) and software (Linux components, HPC tools and parallel file systems).
– Proven experience in fixing operational issues for large-scale HPC infrastructures.
– Experience using and adapting to new technologies.
– Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
– Experience of Openstack technologies would be desirable
They are looking to have someone start as soon as possible and would like interviews to commence Monday 20th September. This shall be a three stage process. If interested or know somebody who is, get in touch today with a recent CV and we can go through the role in more detail!